Submitting Your Abstract (Free Paper)
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
1. Presenting author's contact details:
Full postal address
2. Author and co-authors' details -
Full first and family name(s)
Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant)
3. Abstract title - limited to 25 words in UPPER CASE
4. Abstract text – limited to 250 words (count does not include title or authors).
5. Data-based abstracts must provide Results. Any abstract which is submitted without Results and appropriately worded Conclusions will NOT BE ACCEPTED/REJECTED. No Discussion will be entertained on this matter.
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word appears the first time.
- Use generic names of drugs.
- Express numbers as numerals.
- The abstract must not contain bibliographical references, tables, diagrams or appendices.
- Abstracts must be presented in headed paragraphs as follows:
- The title of the abstract must be strictly coherent with the data included in the abstract and the conclusions must be in line with information included in the results section.
- Research abstracts must contain: Background, Hypothesis/ Aims and Objectives, Methods, Results, and Conclusions.
- Case Reports/Series: Short descriptive title, short introduction to explain the relevance of the case, case description sequenced in order, and Clinical Implications/Relevance.
- Any Other Topics: Background, Methods, Implications/Conclusions
Abstracts must be allocated to a specific category and topic area for the Scientific Program. You will need to select the category and topic most suited to your abstract. You can find the list of abstract topics under THEMES FOR PRESENTATIONS.